I currently work full time in the Communications Office for the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis.
I am also available for freelance creative projects. I can provide expert writing, editing, marketing, and creative services for projects across a range of industries, including academia, art/design, commercial real estate, and retail. I have mad organizational skills, can translate industry jargon into actual human speech, am resourceful and quick on my feet, and there’s nothing I love more than a challenge.
Knowledge base: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal, photography, light design work (including basic video editing, layout, and print production)
- Marketing & advertising content
- Social Media management
- Web copy
- Bios & profiles
- Video scripts
- Email blasts
- Grant writing/editing
- Concept work
- Spinning straw into gold
My portfolio includes work for Brown Shoe, Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, Build-A-Bear, Soft Surroundings, CPI Corp., StoryTrack, Continental Research Corp., A.G. Edwards, Corporate Express, Island Press, Washington University, as well as several independent artists.
Portfolio (download coming soon!)
- Read a news story I wrote for the Sam Fox School site.
- Read a a gallery guide, interview, and press release I worked on for the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
- See the graduate architecture viewbook I helped produce as the project manager and writer/editor.
- Read an art essay I wrote for Island Press
- Read an edition of the Sam Fox School e-newsletter, which goes out each Monday to 1,800 alumni, donors, faculty, students, staff, and arts organizations.
- Read a recruitment email about the graduate architecture program and another about St. Louis for the Sam Fox School.
- See some print and web ad concepts I developed for CPI Corp.
- See a commercial real estate website I developed content for.
- Read a blog post I wrote for StoryTrack about a B2B Marketing video
- Watch promotional videos I wrote for the commercial real estate and healthcare industries for Storytrack. (shhh: password is storytrack)
- See some of the social media posts and engagement for the Sam Fox School Instagram account, which launched in fall 2016. We now have nearly 2,100 followers—more than most of the University’s largest schools—and our stories regularly draw 600+ views.
Check out the “Sam Fox Fox” Insta story campaign I created for the Sam Fox School, and follow Sam on all his art- and design-filled adventures in STL.